The job of Food Service Manager is done for the purpose/s of directing the cooking and preparation of food items; ordering and verifying quantities and specifications of orders; maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition; balancing and reporting daily receipts; and assisting assigned food service personnel in food preparation.
- Cooks main dish entrees as identified in pre-planned menus for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or projected meal requirements
- Directs other food service personnel for the purpose of guiding them in performing their functions in a safe and efficient manner
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes, if required for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health requirements
- Inventories food, condiments and supplies monthly for the purpose of ensuring availability of items
- Monitors cafeteria workers and kitchen areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment
- Orders food and food supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of required items
- Performs personnel functions for the purpose of ensuring department objectives are achieved
- Prepares a variety of reports for documenting the sales and activities within the site cafeteria
- Promotes food service operations and special events for the purpose of expanding services and developing nutrition habits in students
- Reports equipment malfunctions for the purpose of maintaining equipment in safe working order
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the general public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the type and/or cost of meals
- Tests prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of ensuring acceptance of items by students, staff, etc.
Responsibilities: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a school site and department, large work unit and/or across several small work units; monitoring budget expenditures.
Experience: job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education: high school diploma or equivalent.
Certificates and Licenses: Food Handler’s Certificates/ServSafe Certification
To apply for this position follow this link: